Pea protein is a safe alternative for people with allergies to milk and milk products who must avoid casein or whey proteins, and for those with lactose intolerance.
Clear Advantages Over Soy
- Easy to absorb _ does not contain anti-nutritional factors such as phytates and tannins that are found in soy which can inhibit absorption of minerals including iron, zinc, and calcium. Vegan diets are also known to be high in phytates.
- Soy is known to have estrogenic effects that are not always desired. Pea protein contains low levels of isoflavones (estrogen-like compounds), minimizing possible estrogenic effects.
- Low Allergen
- Non-GMO (not genetically modified)
Gut Check may benefit:
- Athletes/bodybuilders sensitive to whey
- People with dairy allergies/lactose intolerance
Gut Check for athletes
For athletes and bodybuilders who cannot tolerate whey protein, Gut Check is a great choice. It contains a well-balanced amino acid profile, close to that of whey protein. Its excellent array of these building blocks
of protein, including high levels of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids), makes it a great protein source for athletes and anyone who is physically active. Gut Check is excellent to use before, during, and after exercise, as adequate intake of protein (in particular BCAAs) supports healthy muscles, particularly after strenuous resistance training.