US Neuropathy Centers located in Atlanta, Georgia is pleased to offer a two- week long mini fellowship for 3rd year residents enrolled in an accredited podiatric residency program. The resident will have the opportunity to observe a wide variety of cases including complex nerve injuries, multiple etiology heel pain syndrome and nerve focal entrapments.
The participant will interact with attending physicians and current fellows. He/She will have the opportunity to observe a wide variety of cases that often includes: Neurolysis/ Decompression Procedures of the lower limb, Nerve Grafting, Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Implantation, Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Procedures. Valuable experiences with advances in peripheral nerve surgery and multidisciplinary approaches will also be gained. There are weekly grand rounds where participants will have the opportunity to discuss case management and surgical planning and tailor an individualized treatment plan for patients.
The goals of the Peripheral Nerve Mini-Fellowship experience are:
- To become familiar with physical examination and diagnosis of patients with peripheral nerve pathology
- To become familiar with the evaluation and treatment of patients with peripheral nerve pathology
- Introduction to Peripheral Nerve Surgery Concepts
- Participants will be required to present and submit a case study at the end of the two weeks for successful completion of the program
- Participants from this program will be highly considered for the incoming class of US Neuropathy Centers sponsored Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons Accredited Fellowship